Thursday, October 6, 2011

What Happens Now?

Whenever I write a post, my process usually goes like this -- I wait for inspiration, then either write it on the spot or write it over the course of several days, depending on the complexity of the topic.  Either way my process is similar in one way, that way being that I wait for inspiration.  So I'm trying it the other way around this time.  I have no plan.  I'm just going to start writing and see how it goes!

But first, I'm hungry, so I'm going to make some dinner.  Be back in a bit.

Okay, I'm back.  Rice and paninis take a while to cook, so I have a bit to chat.

All right, I got one.  I was thinking about this in the kitchen for no reason whatsoever (okay, that's a lie, the reason's only been on my mind all freaking week) but isn't it so weird how we constantly go 'what if' about things and then never even attempt to find the answer to the question?  We always tends toward what's safe, and this is in no way a criticism of other people over me.  I'm more guilty than most.

Having realized that, instead of just idly wondering 'what would it be like to bit into this huge chunk of salami and would it taste good,' I went ahead and did it.  Turns out salami is best eaten with other food, but I never would have known that for sure if I hadn't gone for it.  I also kept eating it because I secretly suspected it might get better.  It didn't.  But again, I never would have known that if I hadn't gone for it.

I also put my iTunes on shuffle and despite my usual desire to find a song that I like in the moment, I'm just letting it play.  Because maybe I have music on here that I actually love that I've just never given a chance.  So far, no luck, but I wouldn't know that I really didn't like these songs if I hadn't checked to be sure.

Then again, I was already pretty sure I didn't like Kutless (Talentless?  Suck-less?  I need a new name for them).

So all silliness aside, since life is much bigger than Salami or iTunes -- what is it that you're wondering about but have yet to find out?  I know what mine is, and I intend to go for it, but what about you?

See, this is why I plan things out ahead of time.  If I don't, I just ramble.

But it's oh, so enjoyable to rant!  Rant rant rant!

...right then.  Done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment