Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm back!

In whatever sense that may imply. I'm very rarely every here, per se. I actually spend a great deal of time, no matter where I am, not being 'there.'

Oh, I can pull it off for maybe an hour, hour and a half, but eventually I just get overwhelmed, begin to tune out, and end up in my own brain. Some people become the kind of wallflower that just sits back and watches, but not me. I literally just tune out, every so often tuning back in to realize I don't know what's going on. It's kind of like constantly changing the channel back and forth between ESPN and Seinfeld.

But this blog isn't about linear, easily-followed thoughts. This blog is for unfocused rambling, and I'll be damned if I'm going to post something coherent.

Like spaghetti. Ever think of spaghetti that way? It's like a room full of people, all talking and carrying on completely separate conversations. If everyone's loud enough, walking into that room would be like walking into a plate full of spaghetti. All these threads that make sense to the participants, but from an unbiased perspective it all seems like a giant unfocused mess.

Of course, spaghetti is squishy and people aren't. Well, they are to a point, but then you get down to the bone.

PEPPERONI!

No comments:

Post a Comment